Old Green City Server Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Green City Server Forums

Forums Not Active

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OMG An Update!

Go down 
+7
dDigger
Dan
BorjaX
forrestdeity
veening
Geneziz
Papanator
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Papanator
Admin
Admin
Papanator

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 4:05 am

Im sorry that the server has been dead the last couple of weeks, i myself have been busy finishing college and partially lost interest in green city and minecraft since we started a new map.

Geneziz has also been busy and hasnt had much time either. But wait dont start feeling all sad! I am hoping that Forrestdeity will be making a return this summer (UK Summer) and helping me and geneziz bring green city back to its former glory.

In my opinion, even though we were very spread out and hard work with plugins. We did have the most fun on the old map, i may start another new map, but only for when 1.7 comes out and is stable.

NPC Villages and much more!

I would prefer to have 1 large city owned by all 3 admins and suburbs of the city having mayors. small villages placed around the map would be protected. All other towns/villages you wish to build would be non-protected by mobs etc.

Most of this is just thinking of ideas of the spot, tell me what you would like to see.

Also a massive thankyou to everybody who supports this server and to the moderators and admins who have in the past made this server an amazing community! I cant thankyou enough for everything you have all done!

I hope to see you all soon!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/UndergroundDubstep
Geneziz
Admin
Admin
Geneziz

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 5:56 am

I approve to this.

and sorry from my part, too.
I had been (still being) very busy with my exams.

Quote :
I would prefer to have 1 large city owned by all 3 admins and suburbs of the city having mayors. small villages placed around the map would be protected. All other towns/villages you wish to build would be non-protected by mobs etc.

Very nice idea. I like it and I would wish you, the community, to improve our server with fresh new ideas.
I really hope to see you all again on the server Smile
Back to top Go down
veening

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 7:17 am

Worldedit, GTFO, that is all.
Back to top Go down
forrestdeity
Admin
Admin
forrestdeity

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 11:51 am

It is true i will be returning in an admin position although most of what i am gunna be doing is in game stuff and minor server end stuff. Hopefully this will all happen once i am fully recovered from my surgury. In the mean time i will be on the server from time to time checking things out and doing whatever i can untill we all get together and discuss what we are gunna do and what we are wanting out of the server..
Back to top Go down
BorjaX

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 11:34 pm

forrestdeity wrote:
It is true i will be returning in an admin position although most of what i am gunna be doing is in game stuff and minor server end stuff. Hopefully this will all happen once i am fully recovered from my surgury. In the mean time i will be on the server from time to time checking things out and doing whatever i can untill we all get together and discuss what we are gunna do and what we are wanting out of the server..

Get well soon! Wink

And i will try to connect to Minecraft more often to help the community and restore this amazing server Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dan

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 8th 2011, 4:08 am

I'd love to see you all again, hopefully sooner than later. It's crazy times for me too as I am working full time programmer (in some inhouse ASSEMBLER! xD), plus I have some more exams coming in september. One thing is sure, I can help with the "mods" side of administration.
Back to top Go down
dDigger

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 8th 2011, 6:50 am

I will be back in august, i tried playing using my mobile broadband, but it gives me 5 minute lagspikes and disconnects me randomly Razz

This is my secondary account btw, i forgot my password and some admin-setting is stopping me from resetting the pass.
"The security 'Disallow admin to send new password' is active in Admin Panel > General Admin > Security"
Back to top Go down
Geneziz
Admin
Admin
Geneziz

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 8th 2011, 11:49 pm

Quote :
This is my secondary account btw, i forgot my password and some admin-setting is stopping me from resetting the pass.
"The security 'Disallow admin to send new password' is active in Admin Panel > General Admin > Security"

Fixed. Try again Smile
Back to top Go down
DirkDigger
DirkDigger

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 1:44 am

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nam
Nam

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 11:34 am

Finally.

Unlike all you busy bee's, I've had nothing to do. :(

Do you know how hard it is finding a decent MC server? IT'S TOUGH. They're all jail, RP, or PVP these days.

As for the city ideas, I don't think there should be one main city (only) like in Austin's server. I do like the idea of having small "villages" or something, maybe just smaller cities. It could be like an octopus! Where the head is the main city, and each tentacle goes out to a suburb. It could be a five minute walk to each city and then only those are protected? I don't know. I definitely do not mean eight tentacles. This octopus had a few limbs cut off, and there's only four left. So that means, four tentacle cities. Does that make sense?

I just hope.. if it does come to that, it won't be like the most recent map. Where no one signed in at all, and news failed to spread among the moderators and members.

P.S. I don't think world edit should be gone, it can be very helpful in griefing situations. I just think people shouldn't use it like before. It's not world edit's fault that is was being abused.

and welcome back Forrest! :)
Back to top Go down
rounder617

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 19th 2011, 11:38 am

It seems like you are going to modern with the new server and it seems like you are copying Austin's server. The reason i liked the old server so much more than the servers that are out now is becasue of its community and its ridiculous cities that were awesome. Even though it did kind of get a little crazy with the desert city at the end but i think if you had the same style of the old server with just a mobs it would be an amazing server, instead of having a major hub of cities, with wilderness wars just seems like the wars would get old quick and some people wouldn't even be apart of them.
Back to top Go down
veening

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 19th 2011, 7:07 pm

rounder617 wrote:
seems like you are copying Austin's server. .
When i read this sentence, i almost didn't want to read the rest of your post, because THAT is ridiculous.
We'll see how it turns out, pappy and forrest are working pretty hard on it.
Back to top Go down
forrestdeity
Admin
Admin
forrestdeity

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 20th 2011, 4:39 am

we are taking afew ideas from austin's server but that is as far as i will go.. He has a server that works for him and i am happy for him..

the plan, as far as will and I have taked about is to have one main city and four suburbs around the city. these are the only protected areas on the map.. the wilderness if free form build at your own risk.. (this idea is from austins server) Will and myself like the idea of this and we are gunna try it out..
this however does not mean you cannopt build a city out in the wild.. this does not mean you cant build pretty much whatever you want in teh wild as long as you understand it is not protected and we will not be restoring or fixing any damage done to what you build.. as far as econmy and things like that we will see what we need, when we need it...

Back to top Go down
kbarb

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Kbarb   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 20th 2011, 5:20 pm

Hey everyone, its been a while!
Anyone want to put me on the whitelist so I can catch up with everyone?
Back to top Go down
Papanator
Admin
Admin
Papanator

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! EmptyJuly 21st 2011, 1:32 am

kbarb wrote:
Hey everyone, its been a while!
Anyone want to put me on the whitelist so I can catch up with everyone?

We are re-launching Green City soon, its whitelisted atm to allow us to work on it. In the mean time, please register to our new forum which can be found here: http://www.greencityserver.net

Hope to see you over there!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/UndergroundDubstep
Sponsored content

OMG An Update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG An Update!   OMG An Update! Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG An Update!
Page 1 of 1