Old Green City Server Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Green City Server Forums

Forums Not Active

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Idea for The map after the Update

Go down 
+10
freggi
Mewnie
Astadriel
dorofino
Papanator
sathiasun
Tyler
Eliofjah
nice2835
veening
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

yes or no?
yes
My Idea for The map after the Update Vote_lcap94%My Idea for The map after the Update Vote_rcap
 94% [ 17 ]
no
My Idea for The map after the Update Vote_lcap6%My Idea for The map after the Update Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
veening

My Idea for The map after the Update Empty
PostSubject: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 30th 2010, 8:16 am

Quote :
If we get the new map, i would suggest the following

1 Capital city (Iza Lake probably) with the colloseum, stores, expensive houses etc.

and 4 Villages

1 snow Owner ?

1 desert Owner: ?

1 woods Owner: Asta (Because he already owns green city, and his giant tree could move to this spot

1 underwater maybe? Owner: ?

And newcomers must sign up on the forums saying wich village they want to join
So the villages would never become ghost towns, and everyone would have enough space to expand

then i suggest another thing, capital city in the middle, and a square of trains going thru the cities, so we are connected etc.

And ofcourse if stuff goes wrong, we need a max limit for villagers like 8 per village or something?

Thats my idea Wink

And maybe you can decide who the mayors of the towns will be

I've send this message to Yog
and this is His Response:
Very good idea, I like it a lot, can you post it on the Green City forum (not the Minecraft one), so everyone can discuss it ?

So yeah, Discuss my idea here, what do you think of it?

EDIT: If possible, we could transfer buildings from the old map to the new map, so we don't have to start all over again afro

Last edited by veening on October 30th 2010, 8:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
nice2835

nice2835

PostSubject: I call it   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 30th 2010, 8:24 am

Desert, what now?
Back to top Go down
Eliofjah

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 30th 2010, 8:37 am

The idea sounds good to me but i wouldnt mind having my current castle be located in the desert area if possible. Village can have a castle theme and possibly a near by port for ships and boats.
Back to top Go down
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 30th 2010, 9:17 am

I like this idea. I think one of the first things, if not the first thing, for a newcomer to do would be build a house in their village/city. Once they've done that, they can do whatever. I wouldn't mind an underwater city; however, the map should be edited/mined to make the ocean deeper. I know how to manipulate water and could help out with that (see Ocean's Roar Cave near the current spawn and the underwater tunnel nearby to see what I mean).
Back to top Go down
sathiasun

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 30th 2010, 10:05 am

I think that sounds really cool. It'll definitely add more depth to the server, and people can experience different regions. Anyways, great idea!
Back to top Go down
Papanator
Admin
Admin
Papanator

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 30th 2010, 10:29 am

totally agree with this one,
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/UndergroundDubstep
dorofino

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 31st 2010, 2:59 am

Love the idea. I've only been on the server for a week or so, but this would help spice things up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Astadriel

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 31st 2010, 3:44 am

If the work needed to move all buildings around is not too much for Yog, I think the idea is cool.
Back to top Go down
veening

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 31st 2010, 8:17 am

Lol, I've played biomes in singleplayer now, and it's not really good Razz
The desert areas are waaaay too small, but i like how grass and trees have different colors depending where you are Smile
I hope that in SMP we can have some exploration teams to find awesome spots Very Happy

btw, Who is going to own a town?
I want one with dirk really bad lol Razz I love you
Back to top Go down
Mewnie

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 31st 2010, 12:12 pm

I'm fine with starting over from scratch. Although I am not going to join anyone else's town, as I hate crowded towns with a passion. I hope I can find another slightly out of reach place and see about creating Stonebeard 2.0. Preferably someplace with some snowy peaks.

No knock to those who want villages, that's fine, but I build my dwarven fortress on my own and in retrospect, I should have been a bit more judicious in who I showed it to, as certain people saw fit to dig in the walls of my project like rats, looking for diamonds and what not. A little respect for other peoples work, please.
Back to top Go down
veening

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 31st 2010, 10:48 pm

Dirk and I made a village and so did SevenFourNine
IMO Nighthawkie and Timmy SP should get towns aswell
I don't know if there are already more towns, since i dont have the portnumber -_-
And why these people?
Nighthawkie: He made Eurika probably the biggest city on the old map.
Timmy SP: he made rapture, wich looks amazing.

But yeh thats just my opinion
Back to top Go down
veening

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyOctober 31st 2010, 10:51 pm

Mewnie wrote:
I'm fine with starting over from scratch. Although I am not going to join anyone else's town, as I hate crowded towns with a passion. I hope I can find another slightly out of reach place and see about creating Stonebeard 2.0. Preferably someplace with some snowy peaks.

No knock to those who want villages, that's fine, but I build my dwarven fortress on my own and in retrospect, I should have been a bit more judicious in who I showed it to, as certain people saw fit to dig in the walls of my project like rats, looking for diamonds and what not. A little respect for other peoples work, please.
Well, we can make exceptions for this one time, i think Wink
As long as you dont make your own city in your "dwarven fortress"
Back to top Go down
freggi
freggi

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 1st 2010, 1:49 am

What about a mountain village and maybe cave village?

Anyways, love the idea. I really support this.
Back to top Go down
veening

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 1st 2010, 3:45 am

We already made 3 villages btw,
And we want nighthawkie to have the last one, if he wants to.
because he made eurika and the colloseum, so we know hes an experienced builder.
Back to top Go down
NeoOF13th

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 1st 2010, 11:33 am

what are the 3 already?
Back to top Go down
veening

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 1st 2010, 6:07 pm

NeoOF13th wrote:
what are the 3 already?
epichaven

Sevenfournine's town

Rapture

and we want nighthawkie to build the 4th
Back to top Go down
NeoOF13th

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 1st 2010, 7:05 pm

veening wrote:
NeoOF13th wrote:
what are the 3 already?
epichaven

Sevenfournine's town

Rapture

I think you are forgetting the city of Iza Lake.
Back to top Go down
veening

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 2nd 2010, 2:13 am

NeoOF13th wrote:
veening wrote:
NeoOF13th wrote:
what are the 3 already?
epichaven

Sevenfournine's town

Rapture

I think you are forgetting the city of Iza Lake.
I didn't forget it, because iza lake is not a town.
its gonna be the capital city
so we got 4 towns and 1 capital city, remember Wink?
Back to top Go down
Yogoda
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 2nd 2010, 9:59 pm

So we forget about the desert/underwater/forest cities ? Sad

Seems we have too much towns already
Back to top Go down
veening

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 2nd 2010, 10:16 pm

Actually, we dont, atleast if no one lied to me.. But yeah. My town is near the ocean
Anyway so we will prolly expand into the sea, so dont worry Smile, night has to build a town in
The desert, sadly, no one build a town in the snow..
Back to top Go down
Yogoda
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 2nd 2010, 10:58 pm

Ok, I have an idea to handle towns and ghost towns.

There will be a limited number of towns. I think 1 capital, and 4-5 towns.

If people what to create a new town, then we have to decide one of the existing (inactive) town will become a "ghost town". We will vote with a poll on this forum.

Once a town is a ghost town, all sources of light are removed (torches and lanterns), you can take anything from the chests and burn/grief all you want (take building materials), it won't be restored. Also signs will be put every where to tell this is a ghost town, and nobody should build here anymore.

What do you think ?
Back to top Go down
veening

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 3rd 2010, 2:21 am

Yogoda wrote:
Ok, I have an idea to handle towns and ghost towns.

There will be a limited number of towns. I think 1 capital, and 4-5 towns.

If people what to create a new town, then we have to decide one of the existing (inactive) town will become a "ghost town". We will vote with a poll on this forum.

Once a town is a ghost town, all sources of light are removed (torches and lanterns), you can take anything from the chests and burn/grief all you want (take building materials), it won't be restored. Also signs will be put every where to tell this is a ghost town, and nobody should build here anymore.

What do you think ?
That's a nice solution, but i'm trying my best to PREVENT people from making new towns now.
Since we already got 3, and i forgot to count green city with it
so we got 4, and we want nighthawkie to build the fifth, if he doesnt come on anytime this week, Nice will build the town in the desert near the old spawn.

That's the idea now.
Back to top Go down
nice2835

nice2835

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 3rd 2010, 4:41 am

sigh, i miss the old map, with its freedom...but i gues this is needed for a good server! Idea: a squad of people elected are to be ghost town explorers, and they run a shop in the capital city. they sell goods they find, but are limited to the surface of said ghost towns. OR they simply greif the ghost twon so it looks more adandoned and split up. Like ruins.

Ghost town may be defined as: a town that can occupy more than 4 people but has no one actively utilizing it or claiming it as an outpost on the forums. Ghost towns must be hack scoured by exploration team, then ruined after a sign is posted before normal people may come in to claim resources, If a person builds one building, adn claims it as a house, it is allowed obviously. If they build what looks like a village, but is really only for their use, and they haven't gone totally inactive, that is allowed. Hope my idea helps to inspire ideas
Back to top Go down
Yogoda
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 3rd 2010, 5:22 am

I think it should be more player driven. No limitations on the number of cities, but when we see a city is dead, like Eurika was, then we decide it becomes a ghost town. We can vote every week what town is dead. It would not apply for small houses, settlements, only real towns.

Also I love the idea of ghost town explorers, that would turn it into ruins Smile

I have set-up a new Google Spreadsheet, where you can register your town, and the inhabitants. You can have a house in several towns at the same time.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkPNZfckAHKedC1sQWtjLUNMb1VmaUZqYmFNdUxnaWc&hl=en&authkey=CLWNntQG
Back to top Go down
NeoOF13th

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update EmptyNovember 3rd 2010, 5:52 am

you would have to set up regulations on how to build a city and who can build a city

i.e. must have 4 active residents who participate in the city/towns activities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Idea for The map after the Update   My Idea for The map after the Update Empty

Back to top Go down

My Idea for The map after the Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next