Old Green City Server Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Green City Server Forums

Forums Not Active

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Veenings idea

Go down 
+3
Papanator
BorjaX
veening
7 posters
AuthorMessage
veening

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 7:36 am

*note this is just a suggestion, just my opinion.
This opinion is based on my journey through other servers, and being affected by their ideas.
---------Minecraft------------------

First, i want to talk about the game we love.
How is minecraft multiplayer so addicting?
The social part.
We, the players get statisfaction, of joining a server, and meet new people.
Every person has a different building style, different playstyle, different skins, and above all, different personality
And those things combined, makes the epic part of the game
(weve all been through this)
You log on in the morning, before going to work/school
there are 3 people online, you ask them whatsup
"oh, just flattening the area, gonna make a castle"
You log off.
In the evening, you log back on, and the first things you hear are
Wow, thats amzing!
The player has made a huge epic castle

-------------The New map -------------

The server is losing people, and older players are losing interest too.
But what causes them to leave veen?
Simply put, statisfaction.
Players like making buildings that actually have an impact on the world, and will be seen by other people.
Right now, we have made a perfect world.
The idea of the map was that we would expand, expand, expand, expand and more expanding.
This went well for a long time, but has recently stopped, because players began to lose interest.
The exploration is also a bit dull(dunno if thats the word)
since everywhere you go, someone has been there before.
We need to attract alot of new players to the server imo.

"wait, your saying that resetting a map will bring alot of new players?"
Yes.
We need to reset the map, then edit the forum title with NEW MAP in it, and bump it every hour or something.
This way, a huge amount of players will come.

The only thing that is holding players back, is that we made a perfect world already.

"But but but veen, this will just mean we have to do it all over again, and lose everything"
We can atleast try it, and if it doesn't work, we can go back to the other map, simple as that
And if it does work, and some people want to go to the utopia world, we can create a portal.

What also will revive the game are events
things like
"Mob monday" (because our server = laggy with mobs right now)
And maybe an event where there is an army of slimes heading through the city
or maybe something with NPC's for a day or something.

THE RPG APPROACH
Okay, so every game in the world is slowly turning into an RPG
why? Because RPG's give statisfaction, and give you the feeling that you have an impact on the world, a goal.
Idea #1 The RPG cities.
We would start with 2 cities, and if they get 30 people to live there each, we get 2 new cities.
That would keep the game fresh.

Idea #2 The Empire.
3 cities would make an empire. Empires would bring PVP with them, so each empire would get an army
and we would have certain War PVP events

Idea #3 Towns
yes, you heard me, towns.
If the players get an empire, people in the empire are allowed to start new smaller cities in the empire, also known as towns.
Towns: - must be built by 5-10 people with atleast 3 veterans
-Must all have a different building style to keep the game fresh

Idea #4 NPC's/Trading
Every city would get an npc, or trade chest, with a building material that is cheap in that city
This would cause players to travel around the world, and seeing new things, meeting new people, going on new adventures.

Idea #5 A Storyline Plot, or something like that, we really need one to keep the players hooked to the server.

Information about Map-4 (rebirth?)

-Mobs are going on, if not possible, just one 1 day in the week, or an event.
-more RPG approach
-Events
-More trading oppurtunities

ugh, i think this would be my opinion, this post might be edited later
Back to top Go down
BorjaX

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 7:47 am

Well, i'm ok with the New Map thing. We all have built awesome things, but i want to start again, and make new fresh and more awesome buildings.
With the RPG part. . .
If i don't remember bad, Green City tryed to be most vanilla possible with some basic implementions, let the RPG style for other servers.

My point of view.
Back to top Go down
Papanator
Admin
Admin
Papanator

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 7:51 am

Not being rude, My Server my final decision and new map = i will not pay. = end of green city server.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/UndergroundDubstep
veening

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 7:54 am

BorjaX wrote:
Well, i'm ok with the New Map thing. We all have built awesome things, but i want to start again, and make new fresh and more awesome buildings.
With the RPG part. . .
If i don't remember bad, Green City tryed to be most vanilla possible with some basic implementions, let the RPG style for other servers.

My point of view.
Yeah, your right, i may have overdone the RPG part, thats what im realizing myself.
I don't want to change "the game"
I want people to get more fun out of it
Back to top Go down
nekomecchan

nekomecchan

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 7:55 am

yeah idk speaking as a semi newcomer ---(started feb 1)--- the whole reason i came to the server was because of the buildings and because of the way it is now. I LIKE having multiple options and places to explore and things to see. If i dont feel like building for a day i can explore.... i can see what other players made and.....perhaps they created something really great that would then inspire me to go off and build.....

and idk...If i spent days....weeks....building what i have and lost it..i would probably leave lol

Last edited by nekomecchan on March 13th 2011, 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paladinofcheese
paladinofcheese

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 7:57 am

Who's going to want to join this new server? It's empty. It's plain. It's boring. The RPG element, though interesting, is waaaayyyyyy to hard to realistically accomplish.
Back to top Go down
veening

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 8:04 am

paladinofcheese wrote:
Who's going to want to join this new server? It's empty. It's plain. It's boring
If your not saracstic, i would like to reply.
Why would players join a fresh server with a fresh map
-If they make something epic, wich no one has done before, because its a new map, people will be impressed, alot.
-They can go to places where no-one has been before easily
-They feel like they have a goal, they are building stuff that actually matters.
and more
Back to top Go down
paladinofcheese
paladinofcheese

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 8:08 am

veening wrote:
paladinofcheese wrote:
Who's going to want to join this new server? It's empty. It's plain. It's boring
If your not saracstic, i would like to reply.
Why would players join a fresh server with a fresh map
-If they make something epic, wich no one has done before, because its a new map, people will be impressed, alot.
-They can go to places where no-one has been before easily
-They feel like they have a goal, they are building stuff that actually matters.
and more

Sarcasm? Way off, Dude. I was being serious.
No, people are going to join and see how empty it is, think that nobody cares, and leave. That's the first thing I would think. I joined Green City because it has structure to it. There are designated locations for things, rules, leaders.

Look how many people think the same thing.

js1589: Why do you want to join the server: Because it looks like a fun community and a great place to build.

danger-zone: Why do you want to join the server:it looks sick as

vuresevoir: Why do you want to join the server: I want to join this server to contribute to the already well-developed towns, and also to expose myself to an environment where I may learn from, allowing me to become more creative. I also wanna make a song using note blocks =P

It seems to me that people like having structure and not having to do all the work to remake it. And that's only one page on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Nam
Nam

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 9:27 am

This opinion is based on MY journey through many servers.

- - - - Minecraft - - - -

First thing I have to pick at, your use of the word epic.

However, you are correct. People come on here to build and interact with one another. That's what Minecraft is all about. Thank you for pointing that out.

- - - - The New Map - - - -

Old members are leaving... Okay? We're going to miss them dearly, but that is never going to change. People come, people go. Nothing is going to prevent that.

If you explore far enough, you will find places no one has been before. Isn't it more satisfying knowing you walked far enough to find a new place rather than moving a few blocks away from where you were and having it fall in your lap? It's just a matter of convenience.

Why do we need to attract new people? The server does that on its own. There's a lot of people already here, and new applicants everyday. If you didn't notice, there are pretty strict rules to get into the server, if we were lacking members, that may not be the case. There wasn't an age limit until recently. Why? Because now we can have that rule and still have a good amount of members on.

The current map is nowhere near perfect, not sure how you came to that conclusion. Some cities are still fairly new and need a lot of work done on them. It may look perfect with all the creations, but that's a good thing. Beautiful builds draw people into the server.

As many people have said, the amount of builds and the quality of them set a certain standard on the server. It motivates new members to create nice things, not just some POS they pulled out of their ass. I have no doubt in my mind, a new map will bring one million cobble boxes. Right now, you see none, so none are made. Of course that's just an example, but hopefully you understand what I mean. Blu even brought up the point that a map reset eventually becomes tiresome too. If I knew a map was being reset every month, or even three months, I would definitely not bother making anything that was super amazing, because it'd soon be gone. Sure, you can make a creation that's even better than your last, but even that gets boring.

We can't just keep making portals for every map that has been lost, it takes up a lot of space. Not to mention, a new map will cause a lot of uproar. Nobody wants to lose this map yet, and it will probably do more damage than good. You say a lot of people are leaving, and a new map will just cause a lot more people to leave because their hard work is being taken away from them when it's simply not the correct time to do so.

I also agree that you are more willing to lean towards this idea because you don't have that many creations on the current map, and it would not bother you if you lost your one and only house.

As for Mob Mondays, I like the idea. However, it causes too much lag. If the new map had plugins, it would probably still cause lag. Not to mention, it caused a bit of destruction even with creeper explosions off. I believe it was when one creeper blew up another creeper, the hole in the ground would appear. That's a pain in the ass to fix, especially in the middle of the cities.

- - - - RPG - - - -

In response to your RPG ideas, all interesting, but this is not really an RPG server. I've been on those before, and the entire server revolves around the idea of RPing. Levelcraft, it's an RPG idea to some, to me, it's the biggest waste of time ever. If you don't know what it is, you are free to look it up.

However, if someone really wants to have empires, nations, and so on, then there are servers specifically set up for that. I've been on one where there's two separate nations, and they occasionally go to war with one another, and they proceed to reek havoc on another during that war period. That's RPG, and also an example of a server that actually does exist. Your idea of building an empire, that's just non-stop city building.

If you do gather 30 people, what's to say that they'll sign on more than one time and keep that city active. If that's the case, then there will be numerous cities or empires, or whatever you want to call them, and they won't have that many, if any people there.

We have 5 set cites right now and there's still a lot of room available on them, even with all the members in this server. How can you say that will be prevented with this new idea you have? It won't be, it'll probably just make it worse.

Finally...

I don't think we should have to morph the entire idea of one server to please only a handful of people, and by handful of people, I mean you.

I know it's your opinion, and thank you for sharing, that's what the forum is here for, expressing your ideas. However, you've already been given an answer. That answer was no. So do not persist to raise your word against an Admin's final decision, it would simply not be a smart move.

If you read to the end of this long post, congratulations. You win a point of awesome. c:
Back to top Go down
veening

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 10:29 am

Nam wrote:
This opinion is based on MY journey through many servers.

- - - - Minecraft - - - -

First thing I have to pick at, your use of the word epic. as you might have known english isn't my first language, and i think this isn't what the thread is about

However, you are correct. People come on here to build and interact with one another. That's what Minecraft is all about. Thank you for pointing that out.

- - - - The New Map - - - -

Old members are leaving... Okay? We're going to miss them dearly, but that is never going to change. People come, people go. Nothing is going to prevent that. this is what the thread is for, a solution, to keep older players playing on the server

If you explore far enough, you will find places no one has been before. Isn't it more satisfying knowing you walked far enough to find a new place rather than moving a few blocks away from where you were and having it fall in your lap? It's just a matter of convenience.You have a point, but, what i mean is, that no one else is going to walk 20 minutes just to see that awesome landscape youve found, for example.

Why do we need to attract new people? The server does that on its own. There's a lot of people already here, and new applicants everyday. If you didn't notice, there are pretty strict rules to get into the server, if we were lacking members, that may not be the case. There wasn't an age limit until recently. Why? Because now we can have that rule and still have a good amount of members on. Yes, but as i said, bumping the thread can help increasing this, and so can a new map

The current map is nowhere near perfect, not sure how you came to that conclusion. Some cities are still fairly new and need a lot of work done on them. It may look perfect with all the creations, but that's a good thing. Beautiful builds draw people into the server. Yes, but Beautiful builds can also lead to something blushine pointed out earlier, what happens is that new people come in, with this awesome idea of: Im going to make some huge cathedral (because you all like cathedrals) and then the older players reply with: oh yeah.. we have 6 of those

As many people have said, the amount of builds and the quality of them set a certain standard on the server. It motivates new members to create nice things, not just some POS they pulled out of their ass.
as i mentioned earlier, i disagree
I have no doubt in my mind, a new map will bring one million cobble boxes. did this map bring alot of cobble boxes? nope,And i don't want to change the way how cities work, so they all still have their own theme Right now, you see none, so none are made. Of course that's just an example, but hopefully you understand what I mean. Blu even brought up the point that a map reset eventually becomes tiresome too. If I knew a map was being reset every month, or even three months,With notch as a developer, who adds different stuff every update, we will end up needing a new map, or deleting parts of the old one just to make room for future updates like more biomes etc.
But i see your point, but with each map reset, new people came, and they made epic stuff too, wich motivated the old players to do so too
I would definitely not bother making anything that was super amazing, because it'd soon be gone. Sure, you can make a creation that's even better than your last, but even that gets boring.

We can't just keep making portals for every map that has been lost, it takes up a lot of space. Not to mention, a new map will cause a lot of uproar.im not saying we need it right now, but it could be an option later on, if we don't have a choice Nobody wants to lose this map yet, and it will probably do more damage than good. You say a lot of people are leaving, and a new map will just cause a lot more people to leave because their hard work is being taken away from them when it's simply not the correct time to do so. but as i explained in my post, alot of people will join as well

I also agree that you are more willing to lean towards this idea because you don't have that many creations on the current map, and it would not bother you if you lost your one and only house.
I chose the location of rome and started it with dirk, even though it isn't mine anymore, it would still be a loss, and ive learnt to deal with it since map 1 (venice, Epicwinland, Veen's Valley)

As for Mob Mondays, I like the idea. However, it causes too much lag. If the new map had plugins, it would probably still cause lag. Not to mention, it caused a bit of destruction even with creeper explosions off. I believe it was when one creeper blew up another creeper, the hole in the ground would appear. That's a pain in the ass to fix, especially in the middle of the cities.

- - - - RPG - - - -

In response to your RPG ideas, all interesting, but this is not really an RPG server. I've been on those before, and the entire server revolves around the idea of RPing. Levelcraft, it's an RPG idea to some, to me, it's the biggest waste of time ever. If you don't know what it is, you are free to look it up.
Here, you totally lost the point, The RP things might be a little "big" as ive mentioned earlier, but i think that some of them, including the new trading system, would encourage the people to explore cities.

However, if someone really wants to have empires, nations, and so on, then there are servers specifically set up for that. I've been on one where there's two separate nations, and they occasionally go to war with one another, and they proceed to reek havoc on another during that war period. That's RPG, and also an example of a server that actually does exist. Your idea of building an empire, that's just non-stop city building. The problem with the cities right now, is that all the epic things people want to build right now, aren't near the center of the city, so people often don't see them, the cities are full, and most of the people that have a house, don't even play anymore, with this empire idea in mind, it could lead to interesting things in my opinion

If you do gather 30 people, what's to say that they'll sign on more than one time and keep that city active. If that's the case, then there will be numerous cities or empires, or whatever you want to call them, and they won't have that many, if any people there.

We have 5 set cites right now and there's still a lot of room available on them, even with all the members in this server. How can you say that will be prevented with this new idea you have? It won't be, it'll probably just make it worse. I don't see what you are referring to here

Finally...

I don't think we should have to morph the entire idea of one server to please only a handful of people, and by handful of people, I mean you.

I know it's your opinion, and thank you for sharing, that's what the forum is here for, expressing your ideas. However, you've already been given an answer. That answer was no. So do not persist to raise your word against an Admin's final decision, it would simply not be a smart move. this thread is more to be used to give people new ideas, and what it'd thought would be cool if added to the server.
also, this thread can be used so that people don't make new threads with these ideas in it.
Useless, i think not.

If you read to the end of this long post, congratulations. You win a point of awesome. c:
Back to top Go down
nice2835

nice2835

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea EmptyMarch 17th 2011, 9:26 am

a new map has always been a subject of controversy. but we usually get by that with adding the old worlds into the map with warping privileges to mods. i suggest you all make a hall of fame for the REALLY good creations, and put it at a far away warp, cuboided of course, and start a new map with new cities, at least after another month. first time green city changed was a vote on new map i believe. but always let the people decide. veening, you've always been one for a new map, and usually you suggest it a bit too soon. i personally think that towns should have been kept, and the ghost town (which i think willpappy was interested in a long time ago) plan could have worked. but when we used it onOakshire, you remember the pure shit-storm that went down.

just lurkin a bit, almost considering visiting.
~nice2835
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Veenings idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veenings idea   Veenings idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Veenings idea
Page 1 of 1