Old Green City Server Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Green City Server Forums

Forums Not Active

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server stuff for Yog...possibly

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AragornII

Server stuff for Yog...possibly Empty
PostSubject: Server stuff for Yog...possibly   Server stuff for Yog...possibly EmptyJanuary 16th 2011, 10:20 am

I do not know if this is of any use to you, but I did discover this today:

http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/smp_server_memory_leak

Stated issue was:
Leak in latest SMP Server -- When leaving a server running over night (no players connected) the server executable will eventually consume well over a gig of memory and become a CPU hog. I've reproduced this quite reliably each time on fresh worlds. Though a simple solution is to just restart the server; any progress made earlier isn't saved.

Resolution:
You can mitigate the memory growth problem by flushing blocks to disk periodically with save-all. I like hMod's SaveReloadPlugin. Minecraft does not reliably sync to disk.

Also here are some garbage collection/memory settings for the JVM, including a setting to cap the maximum garbage collection time. Criticisms welcome.

java -server -Xmn512M -Xms1024M -Xmx2500M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=3 -jar minecraft_mod.jar nogui

This isn't really a script, it's just a bunch of extra arguments to the java command that starts up the server jar file. This will tell the JVM to do some specific stuff ( mostly related to garbage collection ), which does actually seem to help lag/performance as well.

I do not know if this is at ALL helpful, but just trying to assist in some small way.
Back to top Go down
Yogoda
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Server stuff for Yog...possibly   Server stuff for Yog...possibly EmptyJanuary 16th 2011, 8:31 pm

Mm... I just realized now we don't do periodical save-all, as I don't know how to execute server commands with Bukkit. Maybe doing it manually would fix it.
Back to top Go down
Arrisar

PostSubject: Re: Server stuff for Yog...possibly   Server stuff for Yog...possibly EmptyJanuary 21st 2011, 10:03 am

CraktBukkit is being a bit touch-and-go about it's server commands, I'm sure if it even comes down to it, just work out a time that there is noone on and a quick save-all and restart manually every now and then :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server stuff for Yog...possibly   Server stuff for Yog...possibly Empty

Back to top Go down

Server stuff for Yog...possibly
Page 1 of 1